Barnes screamer earns Leicester 2-1 win at Sheffield United
European Football Headlines
- Homeless club Beijing Guoan wins Asian Champs League opener
- Tottenham faces several weeks without Son after arm surgery
- Leipzig ready for European limelight after rapid rise
- Man United beats Chelsea 2-0, throws open race for CL spots
- Arriola has injured ACL that will take months to heal
- Rebić keeps up scoring form in AC Milan's win over Torino
- Neymar to return for PSG against Dortmund, says coach
- Portugal leaders rally around racially abused soccer player
- Atlético Madrid's season on the line against Liverpool
- US striker Weah tears hamstring when making injury return
SHEFFIELD, England (AP) Harvey Barnes' spectacular second-half strike clinched Leicester a 2-1 win at Sheffield United on Saturday for the team's first victory of the season.
The substitute crashed an unstoppable half-volley high into the net after a header was cleared to the edge of the area in the 70th minute.
Oli McBurnie headed in an equalizer for United in the 62nd, after Jamie Vardy had fired Leicester ahead with his first goal of the campaign just before halftime when he ran onto James Maddison's sumptuous pass off the outside of his boot.
Leicester drew its first two matches against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Chelsea.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 24, 2019