|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Vela's late goal helps LAFC to 1-1 tie with FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- Altidore scores in first start in 20 months, US tops Panama
- Former Liverpool, Germany player Hamann charged with assault
- Venuto scores in stoppage time, Whitecaps tie Dallas 2-2
- Ori Okwonkwo scores twice, Impact beat Timbers 2-1
- Rooney scores from 70 yards, DC United tops Orlando 1-0
- Martinez misses penalty kick, Atlanta falls to Toronto
- Przybylko taps home goal in 84th, Union tie Revs 1-1
- African Cup: Salah scores as Egypt sails through to last 16
- Benfica says Atletico made offer for teenager João Félix
- Brazil looks to avoid another Copa America upset
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Carlos Vela scored a late goal and Los Angeles FC rallied for a 1-1 tie with FC Dallas on Sunday night.
FC Dallas (5-5-3), which is winless in its last five games, played a man down after Matt Hedges was shown a red card for denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by Carlos Vela in the 49th minute.
Vela converted from the spot in the 80th, after having a penalty kick stopped by goalkeeper Jose Luis Gonzalez in the 45th minute, to tie it at 1-all. Vela leads MLS with 14 goals this season.
Dominique Badji bent a low cross around defender Eddie Segura to a charging Ryan Hollingshead, who first-timed the finish from near the spot to make it 1-0 in the 29th minute.
LAFC (9-1-4), which beat FC Dallas 2-0 at home on Thursday, is unbeaten in its last six games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 19, 2019