|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Vela's late goal helps LAFC to 1-1 tie with FC Dallas
European Football Headlines
- West Ham holds on with 10 men for 0-0 draw at Aston Villa
- Inter's Conte fumes over media's fixation on formations
- Torino's perfect start ends with home loss to Lecce
- Liverpool begins Champions League defense at Napoli
- Saudi prince wins legal battle to control Sheffield United
- Report ties Saudi company to pirated sports broadcasts
- Chelsea cashes out with ATM: English youngsters make impact
- Liverpool favored for 1st Club World Cup in Qatar
- Juventus 'ultra' fan leaders arrested in tickets probe
- Hertha Berlin's bright start halted by 3 straight losses
FRISCO, Texas (AP) Carlos Vela scored a late goal and Los Angeles FC rallied for a 1-1 tie with FC Dallas on Sunday night.
FC Dallas (5-5-3), which is winless in its last five games, played a man down after Matt Hedges was shown a red card for denial of an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by Carlos Vela in the 49th minute.
Vela converted from the spot in the 80th, after having a penalty kick stopped by goalkeeper Jose Luis Gonzalez in the 45th minute, to tie it at 1-all. Vela leads MLS with 14 goals this season.
Dominique Badji bent a low cross around defender Eddie Segura to a charging Ryan Hollingshead, who first-timed the finish from near the spot to make it 1-0 in the 29th minute.
LAFC (9-1-4), which beat FC Dallas 2-0 at home on Thursday, is unbeaten in its last six games.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 19, 2019