|Major League Soccer|
|Home|||||Scoreboard|||||Match Schedule|||||Standings|||||Clubs|||||Transfers|||||Player Leaders|
Shinyashiki, Rapids beat Galaxy 1-0, snap eight-game skid
European Football Headlines
- Liverpool holds on to beat Chelsea as Man United loses
- Man United loses 2-0 at West Ham in Premier League
- Madrid rebounds from PSG loss by winning at Sevilla
- FIFA president: Racism in Italian stadiums 'very serious'
- Napoli's Llorente shines again after helping beat Liverpool
- Dortmund held 2-2 by Eintracht Frankfurt
- Liverpool 5 points clear at top after beating Chelsea 2-1
- Arsenal recovers to beat Aston Villa 3-2 with 10 men
- Wolves ends losing run with draw at Crystal Palace
- Infantino: Iran has assured that women can attend qualifier
CARSON, Calif. (AP) Andre Shinyashiki scored late, Tim Howard had his first shutout of the season and the Colorado Rapids beat the Los Angeles Galaxy 1-0 on Sunday night for their first win of the season.
Howard finished with a season-high six saves for Colorado (1-9-2), which snapped an 11-game winless streak, including eight consecutive losses.
Shinyashiki, on the counter-attack, brought it down the middle and tapped it to Kei Kamara, whose shot from the center of the box was stopped by sliding goalkeeper David Bingham. The rebound bounced to Shinyashiki, who first-timed a left-footer into an empty net from near the spot in the 82nd minute.
Los Angeles was without Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who leads the team with nine goals this season, who served the first of a two-game suspension for violent conduct. The Galaxy (7-5-1) have lost four in a row.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated May 19, 2019