Bou's late goal sends New England past Chicago
European Football Headlines
- Montero scores in 90th, Whitecaps beat Dynamo 2-1
- Allan Cruz scores in 1st minute, FC Cincinnati tops Impact
- Camp Nou discovers Barca's teen sensation; Hazard debuts
- Barca teen Ansu Fati leads rout of Valencia, sets new record
- Conte quickly making his mark at Inter with perfect start
- Jeered and insulted by some PSG fans, Neymar scores winner
- City beaten at Norwich, dropping 5 points off Liverpool
- Abraham hat trick as Chelsea beats Wolves 5-2
- With threadbare squad, Norwich stuns Man City in EPL
- Man United beats Leicester on penalty to end wait for win
FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) Gustavo Bou's left-footed shot from the top of the box at the 85th-minute gave New England a 2-1 win over Chicago on Saturday night.
Bou intercepted a pass attempt by two Fire defenders trying to clear in the Chicago end before letting go the shot from about 20 yards out past outstretched keeper Kenneth Kronholm.
New England (10-9-8) opened the scoring in the 17th minute when Wilfried Zahibo one-touched a cross by Brandon Bye. The Fire (8-12-9) tied it on Nico Gaitan's free kick from the left in the 41st.
The Revolution have won three of their last six matches. Chicago's playoff hopes took a hit, and the Fire have lost two of their last three.
Updated August 24, 2019