Bou's late goal sends New England past Chicago
European Football Headlines
- Iranian clubs agree hosting plan for Asian Champions League
- 'This isn't good enough': Solskjaer's Man United loses again
- Man United loses 2-0 to Burnley to deepen league struggles
- Neymar stars as PSG beats Reims to reach League Cup final
- One deal agents can't reach in transfer window is with FIFA
- Griezmann saves Barcelona in Copa del Rey; Madrid advances
- Ronaldo helps Juventus beat Roma 3-1 to reach semifinals
- Leicester beats West Ham 4-1 to maintain top-4 push in EPL
- Tottenham ends 4-match EPL winless run by beating Norwich
- Olympic soccer, boxing qualifiers in China affected by virus
FOXBORO, Mass. (AP) Gustavo Bou's left-footed shot from the top of the box at the 85th-minute gave New England a 2-1 win over Chicago on Saturday night.
Bou intercepted a pass attempt by two Fire defenders trying to clear in the Chicago end before letting go the shot from about 20 yards out past outstretched keeper Kenneth Kronholm.
New England (10-9-8) opened the scoring in the 17th minute when Wilfried Zahibo one-touched a cross by Brandon Bye. The Fire (8-12-9) tied it on Nico Gaitan's free kick from the left in the 41st.
The Revolution have won three of their last six matches. Chicago's playoff hopes took a hit, and the Fire have lost two of their last three.
Updated August 24, 2019