Przybylko has goal, 2 assists, Union drop DC 3-1
European Football Headlines
- Southampton-West Ham United Preview
- Burnley-Newcastle United Preview
- Crystal Palace-Brighton & Hove Albion Preview
- Leicester City-Norwich City Preview
- Rangers beat Braga 1-0 to reach Europa League's last 16
- Italian fans mingle calmly in Lyon amid coronavirus fears
- 17-year-old Gio Reyna to join US national team
- MLS owners predict league will surpass MLB, Premier League
- Pity Martinez off to brilliant start in Year 2 with Atlanta
- Bayern striker Lewandowski ruled out 4 weeks with fracture
CHESTER, Pa. (AP) Kacper Przybylko had a goal and two assists in a dominant first half and the Philadelphia Union defeated D.C. United 3-1 on Saturday night.
Przybylko scored his 12th goal from point-blank range off a cross from Kail Wagner five minutes in and the Union (14-8-6) were never challenged as they moved within a point of first-place Atlanta.
Brenden Aaronson, who helped set up Przybylko's goal, had the favor returned in the 16th minute. Przybylko slipped the ball down the middle, Aaronson made the turn and then fired from the top of the box for his second goal.
Przybylko made a similar set up for Ilsinho's fifth goal in the 36th minute. Ilsinho took the pass at the top of the box, worked his way through the defense before finding room to score.
DC United (10-10-9) didn't have a shot in the first half. Luciano Acosta bulled his way through the defense for his sixth goal in the 56th minute. United turned the pressure up in the second half with four shots on target but remained in fifth place in the Eastern Conference.
Updated August 24, 2019