Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri diagnosed with pneumonia
European Football Headlines
- Neymar scores late as PSG beats Lyon in French league
- Liverpool holds on to beat Chelsea as Man United loses
- Man United loses 2-0 at West Ham in Premier League
- Madrid rebounds from PSG loss by winning at Sevilla
- FIFA president: Racism in Italian stadiums 'very serious'
- Napoli's Llorente shines again after helping beat Liverpool
- Dortmund held 2-2 by Eintracht Frankfurt
- Liverpool 5 points clear at top after beating Chelsea 2-1
- Arsenal recovers to beat Aston Villa 3-2 with 10 men
- Wolves ends losing run with draw at Crystal Palace
TURIN, Italy (AP) Juventus says coach Maurizio Sarri has been diagnosed with pneumonia.
The 60-year-old Sarri was unable to take training with the Italian champion on Monday because he has been struggling with the flu for the past week.
The club said he underwent further tests which confirmed he has pneumonia, for which specific therapy was prescribed.
Sarri left Chelsea in the offseason to take charge of Juventus. His first Serie A game in charge is at Parma on Saturday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 19, 2019