Wilson, Ciara, Macklemore celebrate joining Sounders
European Football Headlines
- Italian team escapes punishment for racial abuse of Lukaku
- Ronaldo faces Atlético again; depleted PSG takes on Madrid
- 2 Russian soccer players freed after parole ruling
- Protests renewed against Italian Super Cup in Saudi Arabia
- Amsterdam police detain 100 Lille fans ahead of Ajax match
- Stones injury further depletes Man City's central defense
- Urawa moves past Shanghai SIPG and into Asian semifinals
- Neymar's Champions League ban cut to 2 games
- Longtime FIFA official Hayatou back in African soccer work
- West Ham holds on with 10 men for 0-0 draw at Aston Villa
SEATTLE (AP) Russell Wilson, Ciara and Macklemore say they are honored to be a part of the Seattle Sounders ownership group.
The Seattle Seahawks quarterback and his wife, along with the Grammy Award-winning hip hop artist, said at a Sounders event Monday that a sense of community drew them into joining the group. They are among several new investors who have bought into the franchise, taking up a share of the club previously owned by Hollywood producer Joe Roth.
Wilson says he's looking forward to enhancing the Sounders culture that has already been established. Wilson arrived at Monday's event just a few hours after returning from the Seahawks' second preseason game in Minnesota.
Updated August 19, 2019