Wilson, Ciara, Macklemore celebrate joining Sounders
European Football Headlines
- Paul Arriola has knee surgery, likely will miss MLS season
- Messi is no Maradona for Napoli as it prepares for Barcelona
- Frustration growing in Lyon ahead of Juventus match
- Serbian soccer player to continue playing with Kosovo U19s
- Italian soccer could be played without fans because of virus
- Gladbach supporters praised for condemning hate messages
- Kids under 12 banned from heading soccer balls in practice
- Greece, UEFA in emergency talks to overhaul soccer league
- The Giroud puzzle: Will Chelsea find room for a WCup winner?
- K League season kick off postponed because of viral outbreak
SEATTLE (AP) Russell Wilson, Ciara and Macklemore say they are honored to be a part of the Seattle Sounders ownership group.
The Seattle Seahawks quarterback and his wife, along with the Grammy Award-winning hip hop artist, said at a Sounders event Monday that a sense of community drew them into joining the group. They are among several new investors who have bought into the franchise, taking up a share of the club previously owned by Hollywood producer Joe Roth.
Wilson says he's looking forward to enhancing the Sounders culture that has already been established. Wilson arrived at Monday's event just a few hours after returning from the Seahawks' second preseason game in Minnesota.
Updated August 19, 2019