Díaz added to Madrid's injury list ahead of Valladolid game
European Football Headlines
- Montero's late goal lifts Vancouver into 1-1 tie with Crew
- Ramsey and Buffon help Juventus beat Verona 2-1
- Inter beats Milan 2-0 to keep perfect start in Serie A
- Barcelona loses in its worst start in Spain for 25 years
- Coutinho scores his 1st Bayern goal in 4-0 rout of Cologne
- 'It was breathtaking': Man City crushes Watford 8-0 in EPL
- Carroll back for Newcastle in 0-0 draw with Brighton
- Man City falls just short of EPL record with 8-0 win
- FIFA sees no obstacles for women to attend games in Iran
- 1 shot on target, 2 goals and 3 points for Sheffield United
MADRID (AP) Real Madrid says midfielder Brahim Diaz has been sidelined because of a right leg problem, becoming the latest name added to the team's injury list.
Madrid says tests conducted Tuesday show Diaz has a muscle injury in his thigh. The club has not said how long he is expected to be sidelined.
The former Manchester City player had just recovered from another injury picked up in the preseason.
Other Madrid players nursing injuries include Eden Hazard, Marco Asensio, Rodrygo and Ferland Mendy.
Madrid opened the Spanish league season with a 3-1 victory over Celta Vigo. Its next league game is Saturday against Valladolid.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 20, 2019