Díaz added to Madrid's injury list ahead of Valladolid game
European Football Headlines
- Rangers beat Braga 1-0 to reach Europa League's last 16
- Italian fans mingle calmly in Lyon amid coronavirus fears
- 17-year-old Gio Reyna to join US national team
- MLS owners predict league will surpass MLB, Premier League
- Pity Martinez off to brilliant start in Year 2 with Atlanta
- Bayern striker Lewandowski ruled out 4 weeks with fracture
- Kosovo soccer federation head sentenced to 9 months in jail
- A look at the legal issues in Man City's appeal against UEFA
- Asian soccer meetings postponed because of virus outbreak
- Manchester City files appeal against UEFA ban at CAS
MADRID (AP) Real Madrid says midfielder Brahim Diaz has been sidelined because of a right leg problem, becoming the latest name added to the team's injury list.
Madrid says tests conducted Tuesday show Diaz has a muscle injury in his thigh. The club has not said how long he is expected to be sidelined.
The former Manchester City player had just recovered from another injury picked up in the preseason.
Other Madrid players nursing injuries include Eden Hazard, Marco Asensio, Rodrygo and Ferland Mendy.
Madrid opened the Spanish league season with a 3-1 victory over Celta Vigo. Its next league game is Saturday against Valladolid.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 20, 2019