Real Madrid loans Japanese teen Kubo to Mallorca
European Football Headlines
- Three Serie A matches suspended due to virus deaths in Italy
- England's women to open Euro 2021 at Old Trafford
- Barcelona takes over Spanish league lead after Madrid loss
- Messi nets 4 goals against Eibar to end scoreless streak
- Ronaldo matches record in 1,000th game as Juve beats Spal
- Bamba stars as Nantes wins at 2nd-place Marseille 3-1
- Paul Arriola to have knee surgery, miss 2020 MLS season
- Vital win for Chelsea as VAR calls take center stage again
- Man City beats Leicester 1-0 despite another missed penalty
- West Ham United-Liverpool Preview
MADRID (AP) Real Madrid says it has loaned Japanese teenager Takefusa Kubo to Spanish league rival Mallorca for the season.
Madrid signed the 18-year-old attacking midfielder in June from FC Tokyo with the intention of having him play on its reserve team. He played with the first team during the preseason.
Kubo, who had spent time at Barcelona's youth training academy, made his international debut this year.
Mallorca earned promotion to the first division this season. It won its season opener, 2-1 over Eibar, last weekend. It will host Real Sociedad on Sunday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 22, 2019