Real Madrid loans Japanese teen Kubo to Mallorca
European Football Headlines
- Montero's late goal lifts Vancouver into 1-1 tie with Crew
- Ramsey and Buffon help Juventus beat Verona 2-1
- Inter beats Milan 2-0 to keep perfect start in Serie A
- Barcelona loses in its worst start in Spain for 25 years
- Coutinho scores his 1st Bayern goal in 4-0 rout of Cologne
- 'It was breathtaking': Man City crushes Watford 8-0 in EPL
- Carroll back for Newcastle in 0-0 draw with Brighton
- Man City falls just short of EPL record with 8-0 win
- FIFA sees no obstacles for women to attend games in Iran
- 1 shot on target, 2 goals and 3 points for Sheffield United
MADRID (AP) Real Madrid says it has loaned Japanese teenager Takefusa Kubo to Spanish league rival Mallorca for the season.
Madrid signed the 18-year-old attacking midfielder in June from FC Tokyo with the intention of having him play on its reserve team. He played with the first team during the preseason.
Kubo, who had spent time at Barcelona's youth training academy, made his international debut this year.
Mallorca earned promotion to the first division this season. It won its season opener, 2-1 over Eibar, last weekend. It will host Real Sociedad on Sunday.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 22, 2019