Sarri to miss 2 Juventus matches including against Napoli
European Football Headlines
- Homeless club Beijing Guoan wins Asian Champs League opener
- Tottenham faces several weeks without Son after arm surgery
- Leipzig ready for European limelight after rapid rise
- Man United beats Chelsea 2-0, throws open race for CL spots
- Arriola has injured ACL that will take months to heal
- Rebić keeps up scoring form in AC Milan's win over Torino
- Neymar to return for PSG against Dortmund, says coach
- Portugal leaders rally around racially abused soccer player
- Atlético Madrid's season on the line against Liverpool
- US striker Weah tears hamstring when making injury return
TURIN, Italy (AP) New Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri will not be on the bench for the club's first two Serie A matches, including against former team Napoli.
Sarri is recovering from pneumonia and underwent further tests on Thursday.
Juventus says they "showed a good clinical improvement" but the 60-year-old Sarri needs to be absent "to completely recover."
Sarri has still been going to Juve's training ground and watching the sessions on video link and coordinating with his staff.
Juventus kicks off its bid for a record-extending ninth straight Serie A title at Parma on Saturday, before hosting Napoli the following week.
Sarri spent three seasons at Napoli before moving to Chelsea in 2018.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 22, 2019