Sarri to miss 2 Juventus matches including against Napoli
European Football Headlines
- US men's soccer to play Canada in Orlando in November
- AP Interview: Serie A CEO cites 'billion' lost to TV piracy
- Inter Milan flop Gabriel back in Brazil squad for friendlies
- Center-back shortage hands Guardiola new dilemma in defense
- Soccer authorities meet with Twitter over racist abuse
- Tottenham Hotspur-Leicester City Preview
- Sheffield United-Everton Preview
- MLS meets with supporters groups over political displays
- Arsenal, Man United open Europa League with wins
- Rooney wants another trip to MLS playoffs before going home
TURIN, Italy (AP) New Juventus coach Maurizio Sarri will not be on the bench for the club's first two Serie A matches, including against former team Napoli.
Sarri is recovering from pneumonia and underwent further tests on Thursday.
Juventus says they "showed a good clinical improvement" but the 60-year-old Sarri needs to be absent "to completely recover."
Sarri has still been going to Juve's training ground and watching the sessions on video link and coordinating with his staff.
Juventus kicks off its bid for a record-extending ninth straight Serie A title at Parma on Saturday, before hosting Napoli the following week.
Sarri spent three seasons at Napoli before moving to Chelsea in 2018.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 22, 2019