Sevilla beats Granada 1-0 for 2nd win to start La Liga
European Football Headlines
- West Ham holds on with 10 men for 0-0 draw at Aston Villa
- Inter's Conte fumes over media's fixation on formations
- Torino's perfect start ends with home loss to Lecce
- Liverpool begins Champions League defense at Napoli
- Saudi prince wins legal battle to control Sheffield United
- Report ties Saudi company to pirated sports broadcasts
- Chelsea cashes out with ATM: English youngsters make impact
- Liverpool favored for 1st Club World Cup in Qatar
- Juventus 'ultra' fan leaders arrested in tickets probe
- Hertha Berlin's bright start halted by 3 straight losses
By JOSEPH WILSON
BARCELONA, Spain (AP) Midfielder Joan Jordan scored in the second half to help Sevilla beat Granada 1-0 on the road and win its second match in as many rounds in the Spanish league on Friday.
Jordan, one of several summer signings by Sevilla, finished off a shot by Luuk de Jong that was blocked by a sliding defender after Jordan set up his striker in the 52nd minute.
Granada, promoted this season, succeeded through its pressure to disarm Sevilla's attack in the first half, but the host's efforts waned after Jordan's goal.
"We are very motivated and I think we can get a lot better," Jordan, a former Eibar player, said.
The visitors lost right back Sergio Reguilon when he couldn't recover from a hard head knock with Granada's Victor Diaz and was carried off on a stretcher in tears in the 18th.
Sevilla is coached by former Spain and Real Madrid manager Julen Lopetegui. It won its opener last weekend at Espanyol 2-0.
Also, Levante striker Roger Marti converted two second-half penalties to complete a 2-1 comeback win over Villarreal.
Villarreal goalkeeper Andres Fernandez stopped the first penalty, but a video review revealed Fernandez left his line too early and the penalty was retaken.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated August 23, 2019