Neymar scores late as PSG beats Lyon in French league
European Football Headlines
- Burnley-Manchester City Preview
- Southampton-Norwich City Preview
- Sheffield United-Newcastle United Preview
- Crystal Palace-Bournemouth Preview
- Leicester City-Watford Preview
- Chelsea-Aston Villa Preview
- Arsenal-Manchester City Preview
- Manchester City-Manchester United Preview
- Aston Villa-Leicester City Preview
- Everton-Chelsea Preview
PARIS (AP) Neymar scored an 87th-minute winner to give Paris Saint-Germain a 1-0 win at Lyon in the French league on Sunday.
PSG stayed top with 15 points from six rounds, three points ahead of Angers and Nice.
In Sunday's other matches, Angers beat Saint-Etienne 4-1, and Rennes and Lille drew 1-1.
Neymar was targeted by objects thrown from the stands - seemingly paper rolled into balls - whenever he took a corner kick in the second half.
The Brazilian star had been booed by his own fans during the previous league match with Strasbourg, having been heavily linked with a return to Barcelona over the summer.
More AP soccer: https://apnews.com/apf-Soccer and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 22, 2019