AP Source: Pistons reach deal with Joe Johnson
- Zion seeks to avoid answering questions
- Hoops Hall delaying enshrinement to 2021
- NBA: Overseas players cleared to return
- NBA being sued for missed rent payments
- Knicks hire 3 execs to work with Rose
By NOAH TRISTER
DETROIT (AP) A person with knowledge of the agreement says the Detroit Pistons have reached a deal with 38-year-old swingman Joe Johnson.
The person spoke on condition of anonymity Thursday night because the deal had not been announced. Johnson's most recent NBA season was 2017-18, when he played for Houston and Utah. He was recently named MVP of the BIG3 3-on-3 basketball league.
Johnson averaged 6.8 points in 55 games in that 2017-18 season. He has also played for Boston, Phoenix, Atlanta, Brooklyn and Miami in an NBA career that began in 2001-02.
More AP NBA: https://apnews.com/NBA and https://twitter.com/AP-Sports
Updated September 12, 2019